We have paused offering personal lines products to NEW customers because of circumstances beyond our control in the insurance market. We will continue to serve our existing clients and do our best to secure coverage. Such products include homeowners, private automobiles, umbrellas, landlord coverage, renters, and other personal property insurance. Thank you for understanding!
In this episode of the Insurance Haus podcast, co-hosts Mike Fusco and Ray Ramirez are joined by Natasha Fericelli, HRIS Software Consultant at Paylocity. Natasha discusses how Paylocity is helping business owners streamline their recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, payroll, timekeeping & scheduling, expense reimbursements, performance, compensation, gathering employee feedback, learning and more.
- Natasha shares her background story. (2:04)
- Natasha explains what HCM & HRIS stand for. (4:20)
- Natasha discusses the benefits of HCM for small businesses. (5:09)
- Natasha discusses Paylocity’s ability to integrate with other platforms that business owners may want to use. (7:00)
- Nathasha explains how Paylocity helps business owners with their processes. (10:31)
- Why is it that Paylocity might be a solid fit for those larger clients? (14:34)
- How does Paylocity handle multi-state clients? (17:50)
- Natasha explains what PEAK stands for, and how it helps business owners. (19:04)
- Natasha explains what PEO and ASO stand for. (20:21)
- How does Paylocity help business owners during Covid? (21:50)
- Natasha mentions that some of their competitors don’t use their own software. (28:13)
- “We really believe in a best of breed model, one system is not always the best fit for every client. And you see that in all different parts of our lives, even grocery shopping” – Natasha Fericelli
- “We’re a single database. So we have everything in one system, but we’re not going to box you in and we’re going to give you the flexibility to use the vendors and carriers that are the best fit for your organization.” – Natasha Fericelli
- “Paylocity is not going to be the answer to all your prayers. You’ve got to have the right leadership in place and culture and all of that. But our engagement tools can play a big part in that.” – Natasha Fericelli