We have paused offering personal lines products to NEW customers because of circumstances beyond our control in the insurance market. We will continue to serve our existing clients and do our best to secure coverage. Such products include homeowners, private automobiles, umbrellas, landlord coverage, renters, and other personal property insurance. Thank you for understanding!
In this episode of the Team Business podcast, co-hosts Mike Fusco and Ray Ramirez interview Lucas Caneda, Global Team Lead at Uniqorn Incubator. As the largest rural incubator-accelerator of its kind in the world, UNIQORN features an eclectic team of seasoned professionals with a proven track record in taking technology startups from inception all the way to exit.
- Lucas shares his background. (1:48)
- Lucas explains his position and what he does at Uniqorn Incubator. (4:00)
- Lucas shares what Uniqorn Incubator is all about. (5:41)
- Lucas mentions the focus of their company. (7:11)
- How does their team go out and find companies that are suitable at Uniqorn Incubator? (8:17)
- Lucas explains what “sports tech” is. (10:26)
- Lucas shares the sports platform they built, called Challenger X. (12:23)
- How does Lucas help scale committee membership and engagement via digital and traditional marketing? (14:11)
- Is it true that the size of the club’s market dictates the amount of revenue they can make? (18:50)
- Lucas shares what the sport of rugby, has taught him. (24:57)
- “What we tell our clients is, you don’t need to reinvent the wheel, but, you need to be different from the others. Because if not, there’s just thousands of people pitching the same thing, and then you just don’t stand out, right?” – Lucas Caneda
- “There are lots of relationships that you need to be doing and that’s one of the things that we also have a nice network of investors for instance, whenever it’s important to do so, we can bring to the table whenever we think there’s a good fit.” – Lucas Caneda
- “To finish, you need to be able to take a punch and stand back up. Because that’s part of the game. You need to be able to push further, there’s always a little bit extra that you can give that can make a difference. Well, it’s up to you to do it or not.” – Lucas Caneda