We have paused offering personal lines products to NEW customers because of circumstances beyond our control in the insurance market. We will continue to serve our existing clients and do our best to secure coverage. Such products include homeowners, private automobiles, umbrellas, landlord coverage, renters, and other personal property insurance. Thank you for understanding!
In this episode of the Team Business podcast, co-hosts Mike Fusco and Ray Ramirez interview Andrea Yoder Clark, CEO of Predictive Portfolios. Mike and Ray speak to Andrea about her path to becoming a data scientist. They discuss her new firm, her clients, and the creation of her team.
- Andrea shares her background. (5:28)
- Andrea shares what their typical client profile looks like. (7:03)
- Does Andrea utilize her own tools to analyze other company’s data? (8:13)
- What inspired Andrea to start her own business? (9:44)
- Andrea shares the challenges she had when she started her firm. (11:07)
- Does Andrea think that biotech is a natural fit? (12:02)
- Andrea shares the innovations and workflows she changed during the pandemic. (14:11)
- Andrea describes her workflow at Predictive Portfolio. (19:31)
- How does Andrea keep her new hires complete? (21:13)
- Andrea shares the technology she implemented when the pandemic happened. (23:15)
- “I felt like I could add more value if I was on my own, getting to work with more companies. I also just get bored a little easier. So, it’s more fun for me to have different projects happening ongoing, versus kind of working on the same thing all the time.” – Andrea Yoder Clark
- “I actually got to apply what I was learning into the world in a way that was really making a difference. And, that to me, was super powerful to be able to see the impact of how these skills could be used to generate interest in a company, and/or impact in a community if I’m working with a nonprofit.” – Andrea Yoder Clark
- “What I did as the CEO, was really make an effort to be understanding and compassionate with all my employees. Now, we all have life interfering in a way that we had to separate a little bit differently in the past.” – Andrea Yoder Clark