We have paused offering personal lines products to NEW customers because of circumstances beyond our control in the insurance market. We will continue to serve our existing clients and do our best to secure coverage. Such products include homeowners, private automobiles, umbrellas, landlord coverage, renters, and other personal property insurance. Thank you for understanding!
In this episode of the Team Business podcast, co-hosts Mike Fusco and Ray Ramirez interview Andrea Yoder Clark, CEO of Predictive Portfolios and professor at the University of San Diego. Andrea joins Team Business to discuss how to use data in business. Want to start becoming more data-driven, but not sure where to start? Join us for the first of three segments relating to this important topic!
- How do business owners utilize data across their business? (1:52)
- Andrea shares common problems that their clients have. (3:31)
- Andrea mentions why most companies are struggling with shipping, at present. (4:16)
- How has Andrea had to adapt during the peak of COVID, up until now? (6:24)
- Andrea explains the four stages of how to respond to a crisis environment. (6:45)
- What platforms does Andrea suggest to help businesses create a solid roadmap? (10:12)
- Andrea shares what KPI is all about. (12:25)
- Andrea mentions the case study that she has had on sales. (15:20)
- Andrea explains the importance of data. (23:02)
- “Each business is unique. You have your own customers, you have your own imprint in your industry, your own niche of organizations that you sell to. And, it’s really important to combine your own historical data with market research to be able to give you a good blueprint around where to go next.” – Andrea Yoder Clark
- “Regardless of what area of the business we’re looking at, there’s going to be a system that you’re using to track what you’re doing. And, we’ll be able to pull data out of that system to give you what you need.” – Andrea Yoder Clark
- “Regardless of whether that’s an up or down spike, you need to be ready for it. And, if you can look and analyze your data, slice it, and dice it in all these different ways, whether it be by product, by a customer, by distribution site… then, that gives you the tools you need to plan ahead and prepare.” – Andrea Yoder Clark