We have paused offering personal lines products to NEW customers because of circumstances beyond our control in the insurance market. We will continue to serve our existing clients and do our best to secure coverage. Such products include homeowners, private automobiles, umbrellas, landlord coverage, renters, and other personal property insurance. Thank you for understanding!
It’s “Business Talk” on the Team Business podcast!
In this episode of the Team Business podcast, co-hosts Mike Fusco and Ray Ramirez discuss the state of the labor market and trends in hiring for small and medium-sized businesses. They also share valuable information and advice on how to attract top talent to your firm. Listen in for great information.
- Mike mentions that he and Ray talk with small to medium-sized business owners on a daily basis. (1:11)
- Ray mentions that they have heard a lot of conversations and dialogue about what owners have been experiencing in the market over the last two months. (1:39)
- What does Ray observe happening in the business’s employee benefits side? (2:45)
- Ray mentions that they always advocate for employers to take care of their employees because they are the business’s most valued resource. (3:48)
- Mike and Ray talk about blue-collar and white-collar businesses. (4:55)
- What should or might a small business owner feel about folks sitting at home receiving extra unemployment benefits and not going to work when they could? (6:32)
- Ray discusses what company owners can do to get people back to work. (8:43)
- Mike adds that on the PNC side of the business industry, keeping employees safe and offering a safe and healthy work environment may help business owners bring people back to work. (9:30)
- Mike explains that they are leveraging their business knowledge to help others understand what they are doing to enhance the workforce. (11:02)
- What was Ray’s strategy for finding new employees? (11:37)
- Mike and Ray discuss using LinkedIn and other platforms to find great talent. (12:23)
- How can a company know if their service and benefits packages for workers are competitive? (13:21)
- Mike mentions that this is a great time for business owners to attract a skillful workforce who can help fill out the company and organization. (14:09)
- “We’re just using our experience in our business to kind of help you and help our audience understand some of the things that we’re doing here to enhance our workforce.” – Mike Fusco
- “Don’t try to do everything. Don’t try to wear all hats. I think now’s the time to really attract some top talent and improve your business.” – Mike Fusco
- “We’re all about cost management. I mean, outside of the traditional market, there’s a multitude of funding options to how you fund your claims. And we were able to leverage that, depending on where you are in the admin flow of your business and the size your business. So we have solutions for a small group, mid-market and large group.” – Ray Ramirez